Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Letter To The Editor

Yes, I have an editor, because although I love to write I apparently lack some finer technical skills, some things I am just not good at, for instance, I have been made aware of the fact that I do not use periods, I just use comma, after comma, after comma, resulting in terribly long run on sentences, well I sometimes I am just not sure whether or not something is a complete sentence, and so I like to err on the side of caution, and so I just put a comma in and run the risk of a long sentence instead of possibly incomplete sentences. Like this. See. I am not sure if this is okay. It doesn't look right. I know I have always had issues with this, and I am pretty sure I can blame the public school system, of which I am an unfortunate victim, and I would never blame it on my lack of educational motivation during high school, I think with time and practice I can improve this problem on my own, but until then, I will be thankful, that I have an editor because, otherwise, all my posts, would look like this!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Well, it's better than those blogs where people go on, and on, and on, in a rambling, bombastic array of circumlocution and stream-of-consciousness, totally bereft of any real cohesive, unified, meaningful idea; rather, a grandiloquent, verbose, loquacious, long-winded tirade. . .

Chris said...

YO!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sophie!

I've always liked commas!

They mean that there is more to come!!!

Love, Lita