Monday, March 31, 2008

Not So Monk-ish

I love the TV show Monk. It is one of my favorites. It's about a brilliant detective who has some pretty serious obsessive/compulsive tendencies and phobias and such. I recently visited the Monk website where they have a quiz you can take to determine whether or not you are "Monk-ish" and if so, how bad. I was shocked to see just how "Monk-ish" this quiz said I was. I know I have issues as much as the next person, but am I really that bad(that could just be obsessive denial talking)?

I think I can be honest with you, this is a safe place. I only have a few such phobias, and O/C problems. I don't even think these would qualify as phobias, like one of my worst: mint jelly. I am not scared or fearful of it, I would just rather scrape my fingernails over 15 chalkboards than look at it. There is something about the color of it that really makes me shudder. Then there are cars that just have a coat of that gray primer on them; it feels bad to even think about it! That is only 2 that's not so bad. I think Monk has a list of 100 at least. As far as obsessive things go, there are just a few things I can not handle. You know those bottles of stuff like ketchup with the lids made to be placed down for ease of flow? When people put the lids facing up so the labels are then upside down, I don't care who does it, I have to fix it. I could be at a strangers house and I wouldn't let it go. I would have to stop everything else I was doing to fix it.

But really, that is just like common sense, right? So I would have to disagree with the assessment given me by the website quiz graders (or whoever). I'm not afraid of milk or mushrooms or rabbits, so really I can't be that bad.

5 comments:

Chris said...

Where do I go to take the test?

Chris

s said...

for anyone who wants to know how monk-ish they are here is how to find out

http://www.usanetwork.com/series/monk/monkish/

Anonymous said...

I am beginning to become obsessed with the sign near the Parkway entrance off 460 which reads, "Parkway may be closed at night between November and September." Uh...what? Does this mean that the only month we don't have to worry about it being closed is October? I can't stand bureauocratic stupidity! I find myself wanting to pull over and repaint the sign! Somebody help me.

-Jen

Chris said...

I once saw a sign at Denny's that said, "Breakfast Anytime," so I ordered sausage and eggs during the Renaissance.

David Blugerman said...

That's hysterical, Chris!