Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Happy Holidays

I have always loved obscure holidays. I try to check pretty often what holiday it is so I don't miss anything. Unfortunately I just missed National Shrimp Scampi Day. Yes, it was yesterday, April 29, and I did nothing to celebrate it. But it is okay to miss some holidays, because really every day is a holiday. Today is National Honesty Day. It is pretty sad that one would need a holiday as an excuse to be honest.
Just so you do not miss anything here are some more upcoming events:
May 2: International Tuba Day (I guess if you do not own a tuba you could listen to tuba music to celebrate. Seriously an international holiday for the tuba?)

May 3: Lumpy Rug Day (I do not know whether you would try to get lumps out of your rugs, or make your rugs more lumpy for this day)

May 4: National Candied Orange Peel Day (yummmmmm)

May 5: If you do not wish to celebrate Cinco De Mayo you can celebrate National Oyster Day (or make oyster tacos and kill 2 birds with one stone)

May 6: No Diet Day (which I really celebrate every day)

May 8: Iris Day (I put that one in for my niece Iris)

So that gets you through the next week. You should probably take a few days off after all that, to prepare for Mothers Day. Maybe this year instead of celebrating my birthday, I can just celebrate National Chocolate Chip Day!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

May is certainly replete with charming and fun holidays we can look forward to! I know I'm stocking up on my John Phillip Souza CD's and preparing to enjoy my oyster taco while recling on my lumpiest rug! Ah, America! June holds ever more promise of fun. June 3 is Repeat Day. I said, June 3 is Repeat Day. Yes, June 3 is Repeat Day. . . Next, on June 5, we can enjoy the Festival of Popular Delusions Day! And in case it's all just too much to deal with, trying to remember and celebrate all these ridiculous, obscure holidays, June 18 is International Panic Day! Aaaauugh!

-Jen