Wednesday, March 19, 2008

AARP Here I Come

So I have decided to just accept the fact that I am OLD. Not really old chronologically, but just an old fogey, and I really think I have my children to blame. Zach and were talking about how before we had kids the day didn't really even start until 7pm. We used to do stuff, fun stuff, stay out past dark. We used to eat dinner at 8pm and laugh at the old people who ate at 5:30, now we are joining them for the early bird specials and complaining when the wait is too long. We used to think if there wasn't at least a 45min wait at a restaurant it was not worth eating at. Nowadays after our 5:30 dinner we don't even know what else to do but go home and watch TV.
Not that any of this is all bad, I mean who doesn't need extra rest and relaxation, especially when you have young kids. It was just something I needed to come to terms with. I don't mind being an honorary senior citizen, I just wish I could get the 5% grocery discount on Tuesdays.

2 comments:

Chris said...

"You are only as old as you feel."

yeah, Right!

Anonymous said...

You are crazy , Sophie!!!!!!!
HAHAHA