Monday, March 17, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Yes, I have been home for almost a week, and let me say, it is GOOD. My house has never looked better, my bed never more comfy, my children never more likable. It was a long hard time, but I made it through with only 1 small melt-down, well maybe 2.
When I got home I decided to go on strike for a while, but after 3 days I realized that no one was coming to cross the picket lines, and it just meant more work for down the road. So I am back to my regular routine.
We had a busy week, even with just 2 kids, Zach preached the sermon on Sunday, and did a fantastic job, Corban turned 2 on Sun, and both the boys were baptized. Corban is still too young to really care about his birthday, but Calvin was quite jealous, he asked what he was going to get for Corban's birthday. I had to explain that we are not Hobbits, and only Corban got presents. However, all my words became pointless when someone bought him a new movie! I have come to the conclusion that Calvin really believes all the toys are his and he is just kind enough to let Corban play with them (sometimes). I am not sure how to go about setting that one straight, but I have considered throwing away all toys and letting them play outside with sticks.
Well, Zach and I are off on a mini-vacation, we are going out of town for 2 days, while the grandparents keep the kids. It will be a much needed getaway.

No comments: