Monday, March 3, 2008

It's Like A Cup Of Coffee

I am still alive! That is about all I can say at the end of day 4. I have new list of noises from toys that make my head explode, and my patience is being tested in ways I've never dreamed of. I am sure I have cleaned snot by the gallon, diapers by the score and toys by the million.
I was reminded of a very funny Seinfeld episode, where Jerry is telling Elaine that they don't have to stay in Florida very much longer:
ELAINE: (to Jerry) Five more days?JERRY: Well today's almost over. And weekdays always go by fast. Friday we're leaving. It's like two days really. It's like a cup of coffee. It will go by like that. (snapping his fingers)

So I keep telling myself that it is almost over...and I almost believe it!

1 comment:

calvierude said...

I loved this show when it was on nearly two decades ago. It's wholesome, but not nauseatingly so. It's funny, but not frenetically. One of the funnier episodes was when the household is visited by a pollster who embarrasses Donna by predicting her every move, as she is the "average" housewife. Watch it from here,,, download Donna Reed tv show..