Tuesday, July 8, 2008

What happens in Vegas......Goes on my blog (part 1)

So we made it here to Las Vegas. The plane ride was uneventful, which by today's standards is pretty spectacular. We got to the airport here and I was surprised by the number of slot machines. I knew there were slot machines in the airport; I have seen enough movies to know that. However, it was if they had 10,000 extra slot machines they didn't know what to do with so, they built an airport around them. The other thing you notice as you walk through the airport is the constant "dingalinaling" sound from said slot machines. It seems if you had to listen to that all day every day, it would surely cause some sort of long term psychological damage. There are also a lot of large billboards around (even in the airport) that I'm glad I don't have to explain to Calvin. I had known it was going to be hot here, but I was surprised by what 110 degrees really feels like. One of our best friends and his wife live out here in Vegas. He explained that it is a lot like being in an oven. I've never been in an oven, but I would agree that this is probably what it would be like. I've always heard people say that it is a "dry heat", so it's not that bad. While I agree it would be worse if there were any type of humidity, 110 is still 110! So, there you have a glimpse of the first day Vegas. I will update more and post some pictures (I already took abouy 95) when we get home.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Cannot wait to see the pictures....

Chris (fan of Flying Elvis': Utah Chapter)