Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Seriously, And A Funny Video

Those of you who read my blog know that I generally keep things light and humorous, but there is something that has been really weighing on my mind for a while. I thought if I blogged it out, I might feel better. Zach and I came to a decision a while ago that we need to put Calvin in school. I have always had a very strong desire to home school my kids. However, for several personal reasons and after much prayer and consideration and seeking wise counsel, we have decided that at least for this year, we shouldn't home school. I have had to come to realise that it can't be about what I "want", or even about what I think is best for Calvin. It ultimately comes down to what God desires in me and how He can best be glorified in our family. I have to trust that in the end no matter what decision I make, God will receive all glory.
But now comes the hard part. I have to take action, and I just have not been able to bring myself to do it. I have not been able to make myself start the enrollment process, even though I know the longer I wait the harder it will be.

But, I always try to find the humor in life when I can. I saw this video on TV and it reminded me that laughter is the best medicine.

...Although, I have to warn you. It's on the darker, British side of the comedy spectrum.



If I could get a mad libs answering machine I would.

3 comments:

Freddy said...

Sophie,

It sounds like you haven't come to peace with your decision yet. Calvin is an amazing kid and will thrive wherever he is planted. I would suggest spending time in prayer asking God to give you peace about your decision. Ask Him to make the enrollment process smooth and painless for you. In Him all things are possible - even kindergarten rigistration.

Freddy

Lita said...

Hi Sophie!

I agree with Freddy! Calvin is a very bright child. The form of education is a preference, not a mandate. Zach and you are wonderful, hands-on parents. The most important thing is that Calvin will come to know the Lord and follow Him. Then everything else in life, including education, will follow!

Love, Lita

Leonora said...

Hi Sophie! I understand your weighing this issue very seriously before making any moves. But I wanted to encourage you from our experience. When CLaire was 5 we moved twice that year, sending her to 3 different kindergartens! I thought we messed her up for sure, but she loved school and remembers her teachers and friends fondly. Children are so resilient and God is so gracious.
Whatever your decision, go forward in confidence. You have no idea what wonderful opportunities lay ahead, not to mention great material for quotable Calvin : )
Lee