Friday, February 8, 2008

Can't win

So pretty much all of last week I was out with the FLU (read like Elrond saying Mt Doom), I finally started to feel better Saturday. Monday I got a sinus infection, it felt like somebody had taken cement and injected it into my face. Good times! Needless to say I have not gotten out much in the past 2 weeks, the most I have gotten to do is clean my van! Calvin had the flu as well and yada yada yada I had to rent a rug doctor to steam clean the car.

Anyways, about a month or so ago I read a review of a restaurant in the paper that I really wanted to try. The day I read it I told Zach we should try it, I told him on several other occcasions as well. Fast forward to Tuesday, I was talking to a friend and she was telling me how they have gone to said restaurant and enjoyed it. I mentioned it to Zach later and he said "yeah, that place is good I have been there." Okay, I will admit that I was bummed. Maybe a little more bummed than I should have been. But it always bothers me, his life seems so much more fun, as I picture it he is out at a fun restaurant, with felllow adults, while I am eating PB&J discussing the finer points of Sesame Street and monster trucks with a preschooler. Well, maybe a slight exageration, but I can't help but be slightly envious of him. I know that it isn't right, and that things will change as the kids get older, and I will probably miss these times. It just always seems like the grass is greener on his side.
It is quite apparent that I need to be more content, and most of the time I really enjoy where I am. It is just so easy to slip into that sort of mindset and let it really snowball. Contentment is not easy.

No comments: