Monday, February 11, 2008

Can We Put This In Writing?

I Think I need to teach Calvin how to sign his name, I also think I should keep contracts on hand to hold him to things that he says. He keeps telling me all these things that he is going to do when he grows up and I really think we should have some kind of contract so we can remember them when he is grown up.
One of the things he has done is plan out all the kinds of birthday parties he wants for the next 15 years. I just think it would be terribly funny if I made him have a Backyardigans birthday party when he is 19, or I threw him a monster truck themed party when he is 25.
The other night we were in the car and he said "when I grow up and you get the van dirty I will come over with a carpet cleaner and keep it clean for you." Well I think that is a fantastic idea, I asked him if he would remember that when he grows up, he said he would. I told him that it would be good for him to take care of mom and dad when we are old.
He also said that when he grows up he is going to be a house builder, and he would come and build us a new house. He said it would be one that is bigger than this and nicer than this one.
These are all fantastic notions, I just want to find a way to make it legally binding! Wouldn't that be nice if he really did all that with all the enthusiasm and joy that he talks about it with now?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It would be wonderful if some of the things they talk about come true some day!! :) A contract...an interesting idea!

Jess

Rebekah said...

Add the contracts to his journal, and I think you're all set. ;)