Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Do Ducks Like Bread?

So we took our 4 year old skiing yesterday, it was a lot of fun. I woke him up and, like normal, he started talking, about anything and everything. The only time this boy is not talking he is either asleep or eating, he talks non stop. I often say there is a real-time connection between his brain and his mouth, if there is a thought in his mind it is coming out of his mouth. So he talked the whole two hour trip up. We had a good time skiing, and we were all very tired when we started the trip home. Calvin did not say a word for the first hour, he was pretty much sleeping with his eyes open. After nearly an hour of silence, he all of a sudden asks "do ducks like bread?" to which I answered that they certainly do. That question was followed by another hour of silence. I can not for the life of me figure out where that question came from, there were no ducks in sight, had not seen any ducks that day, nor any bread to speak of.
The mind of a four year old is often times mysterious.

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

He makes me giggle. I wonder if he'd like an olive basket.

Anonymous said...

Sophie, I see you are reading "Because I said so!" Isnt she a wonderful funny writer??

s said...

Andrea,
I am so hooked on "Because I Said so!" She is really funny, I can't wait for her book to come out. Glad you stopped by.
Sophie

Anonymous said...

I always stop by :)

Just not leaving comments as I should! But since I am out of work this week (twisted my knee...don't ask me how ) I have time to read and comment...hehe

Love Andrea