Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Excuses, Excuses

Okay, I can admit, I am the worlds worst procrastinator. Maybe not the worst but at least in the top 10%. And I can also admit that it most likely coinsides with a small amount of laziness. But really why do today what you can put off to tomorrow. Why not play another game of sudoku, when what you could do doesn't really absolutely have to be done for another hour? That is just kinda the way I live my life. Take laundry, for instance, yes I could do a load every day and never get overwhelmed with it. But why not just wait until nobody in the house has any underwear and I can't see the laundry room floor (making sure to close the laundry room door of course because at any point one of those items could sprout legs and start taking over the living room!) Then you embark on a 12 load in 1 day marathon and get so burnt out on laundry that you never want to do it again, until nobody has any underwear and you can't see the laundry room floor. Now really what is the problem with that? You can probably tell by now, that this theory does not just apply to laundry but really everything, I have just kind of always been this way.

But I think I may have turned a corner, last week it was cold and rainy, (I absolutely hate having to take the kids out in that kind of weather, the jackets, the car seats, no fun) I woke up feeling like doing anything (even laundry) except going to the gym, but I did it anyways. I just sucked it up and went, and of course I was glad that I did, I always feel better when I do.

So maybe I have changed my ways...... But then again this was last week and I have been meaning to post it since it happened. Oh well at least the laundry is done!

No comments: