Saturday, November 22, 2008

Quotable Calvin.....And Corban

I know it's been a long time since I've done a Quotable Calvin post, and it's not by any means for lack of material. It's only because I forget to write things down. But the good news is, now I can start including some Corban quotes. While not as sophisticated as Calvin's, Corban's are pretty funny. Enjoy:



A few nights ago Corban was running around saying, "Ooh ooh, aah aah". I asked him if he was a monkey. He looked at me with a look that said, "huh?" and he said, "No, I'm a butterfly."



Calvin and Zach were having a pretty deep conversation about the word infinite, and about things that are infinite. So I decided to see what he had learned. I asked him the definition of the word, and he answered really well. I then asked him what kind of things are infinite. He started off good, but quickly took another direction. He replied, "Numbers are infinite, and God is infinite; what if you were a Star Wars guy and lined up all the bad guys in a row and shot them."



Also in the category of randomness: I was busy in the kitchen and Calvin asked if slime could be any color. I launched into an explanation of how different things affect the color outcome of slime. To which he said, "Well, if slime was fruit colored, it would be a rainbow."



Before the bath one evening, the kids were being particularly silly. I looked at Corban and told him I thought he was funny. He said, "I not funny, I weird."



When I was putting Calvin to bed one night, he was still apprehensive about the idea of getting a flu shot. He asked when they would get it, where would they get it, how bad would it hurt, and many more. Then he said, "I wish they only had flu shots in Texas." Apparently that is the most remote/exotic or removed location he could think of.



While Zach was driving home one night over a particularly curvy road, Calvin half asleep in the back seat said, "These dangerous curves are really freakin' me out."

2 comments:

Chris said...

I know what Calvin meant. I've ridden with his dad before! Freaky indeed!

David Blugerman said...

Love the quotes! Keep 'em coming! The other day, Matt was watching TV and a SubWay commercial came on. He said, "They say, 'There's no such thing as NO at SubWay' but they don't even have peanut butter, so there is such thing as "no" at SubWay!"